Now that I’ve officially announced my intent to transition this blog into something new (some of the things such as the title, etc., will be changed in the coming weeks), I wanted to give just a little preview of some of the things that I may write about here.
- Bookish posts. Look, this is no longer a book blog, but books are still important to me. That means lists of book recommendations, wrap-ups when I feel like it, and maybe more dedicated posts on specific books. Dedicated posts will likely be more analysis-oriented, whereas the sort of “is this worth reading” reviews will remain on my GoodReads only.
- Writing posts. Maybe related to goals on specific projects. Possibly writing samples from my novels or flash fiction pieces. Who knows? I don’t, or I’d have more to say on this piece.
- Gaming posts. I don’t identify as a gamer, really, but I do play enough that I’ll probably mention it here and there.
- Yoga posts. I’ve been practicing yoga since August of 2016. I took an impromptu time off from it after graduating from college, but I’m back and more dedicated than before. I have a lot of goals for myself when it comes to yoga. I also might be learning more about the spiritual side of the practice along the way, because I find that stuff fascinating, so maybe I’ll discuss my thoughts on that.
- Speaking of the spiritual… I’m considering documenting my journey toward fulfillment in that area on this blog as well. It’s been a while since I still considered myself a Catholic. About a year and a half ago, I had started looking into paths to which I felt more called but had to put that aside as I felt like I needed to focus on the job hunt and felt guilty pursuing other things with my free time. And then I found a job! But I never picked the other stuff back up. I thought I might be content just leading a 100% secular life and calling myself an agnostic (even toyed with the word atheist for a bit), but it’s not entirely right for me. I know I believe in science. But I also believe in something more… I just haven’t quite figured out what that something might be yet.
- General life posts. What am I up to lately? Good question. I wish I had a good answer.
- No career posts. It’s not that I have nothing to say; it’s more that I’d like to keep my professional life separate from everything else as much as possible. I am still figuring stuff related to that, too, but it’s probably for the best if I keep my thoughts in a more private space than this.
If there’s anything specific you’re interested in seeing, feel free to let me know in the comments. If you have any advice for me as I transition the blog and move forward, I’d love to hear that too. Otherwise, thanks for reading!